Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween 2011

Since I've had kids Halloween has turned into one of my favorite holidays.
Seeing all those cute costumes and the fun and spooky decorations and lets not forget the one time of year where it's OK to eat an almond joy, a baby ruth, a butterfinger and a three laffy taffy's in one sitting.
Nothing like "mini" candy to make you feel like your NOT a candy binger. Right.

Anyway, we had a great time this year.
First and foremost because it was the first year ever that we opted to just buy costumes which meant no late night sewing fiasco's for your truly. And Thank the heavens for that. My stress level was definitely better this year.

So here are some pics from the days festivities. From carving pumpkins to Little Red's Halloween parade at school, to what has turned into the Skaggs Family 2nd annual Halloween hangout. I think all of the guests probably over stayed our welcome but it was loads of fun.
Note to self for next year: Too much red wine and mini candy bars just don't mix.
I refer to the day after as Detox Tuesday.

Sorry that most of the pictures are fuzzy. I think my camera was on a weird setting. Only figured out this morning. Dang!
Hope your Halloween was filled with cute kids, sticky fingers and lots of red wine to get you through the chilly evening.

80's Valley Girl and her Euro trash Punk Boyfriend. Photo courtesy of a fuzzy yellow chicken.

The Hubs looks kinda cute with a pink Mohawk.

Let me just say that the I forgot how long it takes to get your hair teased up and the split ends..OY! But it was well worth it just to throw on those black leg warmers. Sadly most of my outfit is my real clothes that I wore all summer. Sad, I know.

The Jardine's at our finest. :)

The Henkenius' aka Crazy Panda and Clive Bixby

The Naleski's had a fab costume. They went as War and Peace. And really Jerome pulled off Castro beautifully, although I prefer to think of him more as his doppelganger Shel Silverstein.

The sweet and happy Henderson's were adorable. Heidi the beekeeper, their little one was a bee and Dan put aside any bit of machismo and went as a flower. So cute.

Our Hostess with the mostess, my sweet, witchy friend Aubrey and her Hubs Michael. I think he was officially a 70's door to door salesman or was it a used car salesman? Hmmm. Regardless, his outfit was atrocious and amazing.

And who doesn't like to put on a chicken head.

These awesome littles ended up having a dance party for us boring old grown ups. They were sooo cute and funny.

Little Red just can't contain herself. Creative movement class here we come.




And Finally....
 For the Grandparents.....Here is the most adorable Snoopy and...
Her big sister...the chicken.







Another Halloween Successfully Complete....onward....
Thanksgiving here we come.

2 comments:

Angie said...

HA! Love the costumes! Looks like you guys had a great time ;)

Tami N said...

Awesome pics!! I didn't really make the girls' costumes this year either. They were smurfs and the only thing I made was Kendall's white dress, which was really for her birthday in August so I got off pretty easy this Halloween!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails